Ville- Feel It (official video)

All too often young rap artists trying to make a name for themselves are met with resistance from fans my age. The reasons may be varied, but they often stem from the older generation's deep love where hip hop culture has been and our unwillingness to accept where hip hop is going. I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of many of today's rap stars, but I certainly try to listen to all music with an open mind. And that willingness to hang up my hang ups really paid off when I checked out the video "Feel It" from Atlanta based lyricist Ville. The 20 year old emcee spits earnest lyrics in the 5 minute video, giving viewers a glimpse into the life of a young man chasing a dream against all odds. Shot with a guerrilla art-type feel, Ville makes his case for deserving a shot while pacing the streets and rooftops of Atlanta. I'm diggin' the video's honest approach and the way the beat ebbs and flows with Ville's lyrics.  Dope work little brother...keep on keeping on.






0 comments:

Post a Comment